Re: Texinfo @ifset question

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Texinfo @ifset question
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:47:11 -0700

On 1/7/10 3:27 PM, "Mark Polesky" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just realized that a 2.12 user with contributor
> aspirations might start reading the 2.12 CG (or a slightly
> outdated 2.13.10 CG) instead of the 2.13.11 version:
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/devel/contrib-guide/index
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/index
>
> Both of these can be found by following links on the
> http://lilypond.org/web/documentation page, and even the
> `latest development' link on that page is not as current as
> the one on Reinhold's site.

The policy that we have had in the past was to never point users to
Reinhold's site.  I think we should relax that policy a little bit, but I'd
propose that it be slightly different.  See my changes below:

> I thought about adding a @warning to the CG that's in the
> stable/2.12 branch but for ease of maintenance I'd prefer to
> also automate it with the @ifset command:
>
> **********
>
> @ifset stable
> @warning{This is an outdated version of the Contributor's
> Guide (stable, not development).  If you are interested in
  Guide (from the stable release, not the development release).  If you are
interested in
> contributing, please access the current version at
  contributing, please access the development release at
  @uref{http://lilypond.org/doc/latest/Documentation/} and
  navigate to the Contributor's Guide (in the Development
  section).
  There is also a version of the Contributor's Guide from the most current
  unreleased development version at
> @uref{http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/web/development.html}.
  @uref{http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/web/development.html}.}
> @end ifset

> I'm just a little hazy on how to set up something like this.
> I looked at texinfo-rules.make but the syntax is foreign to
> me.
>
> 1) Is this a dumb idea?

I think this is a good idea, but I don't know if it's feasible or not,
because I'm not really up on the make system.

Thanks,

Carl