Re: top posting

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: top posting
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:31:48 +0100

Am Freitag, 29. Januar 2010 15:27:55 schrieb Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool):
> I usually read my email on a mobile connection using a 120x176 px mobile
> phone, and bottom posting means extra traffic and extra scrolling.
> For a longer discussion I usually don't care about history, only the
> latest events and thoughts, so for me please do top post. ;)

I think you don't understand what top posting means: It means that you quote
the whole message (and all messages that it quoted) and simply add your reply
at the top. This way, each mail contains the whole history!

What you are asking for is to delete all irrelvant parts of the message you
answer to and leave only the relevant parts in it. That's not top-posting,
though.

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886