Vertical alignment of the figures in BassFigureAlignment

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Vertical alignment of the figures in BassFigureAlignment
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 18:50:54 +0100

I'm currently trying to fix the problem that FiguredBass wrongly fills in new
bass figures into gaps (when extenders are enabled), discarding the order of
figures given.

In particular, a figure <6 4> <4 2> should print the 2 below the 4...
Currently, the output is:
6  2
4---
while correctly it should be
6
4---
   2

I've rewritten large parts of the figured bass engraver, but now all new
figures are always placed below all existing extenders, e.g. <6 4> <7 4> now
places the 7 BELOW the 4, which is again wrong.

It must be a very simple, stupid error in my code, but I'm simply unable to
locate it. Here is my current patch (relativ to origin/master):
    http://codereview.appspot.com/224052

Does anyone spot the error? Or can anyone enlighten me how exactly the
vertical ordering of the figures happens?

Attached is a sample lilypond file to test the possible behaviors...

Thanks a lot,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886