Re: Problem in docs: ref in included/

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Problem in docs: ref in included/
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 17:28:41 -0000

Graham Percival wrote Tuesday, March 02, 2010 9:30 AM

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 09:25:55AM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

Following Francisco's "correction" my local check
on reference validity now says

Warning: xref should be internal around line 231 in included/compile.itexi Warning: xref should be internal around line 761 in included/compile.itexi

so I think these two should be set back to straight @refs.

We'll need to update that checker to ignore such cases.

This is only my own personal checker, not a LP
one.  I'll see if it's doable, though.

Either that, or we'll need to play games with
@ifset topdoc
to give those a @rcontrib, but otherwise use @ref.

Nah, not worth it.

The problem is that when compiling contributor.texi, texinfo
prefers (but does not require) a @ref.  But when compiling
INSTALL.txt, texinfo requires a @rcontrib.

Ah, right, now I understand. I guess I've not been following this development of double includes closely enough.

Sorry Francisco, you were right all along.

Trevor