Re: Testing needed for 2.13.15

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: Testing needed for 2.13.15
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 20:11:56 +0100

On 05.03.2010, at 16:27, James Lowe wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 12:10 PM, James Lowe <address@hidden> wrote:
In fact cli doesn't work for me on Mac OS - in a terminal I just get the switch list displayed for lilypond when I run ANY command in Terminal, but I
also got this in 2.12.x too. No errors.
This indicates a rather severe problem with our beginner docs -- if a
serious and helpful contributor like you can't get it working,
something's badly wrong.

Well that may be, or I never really bothered to check cli until now and I didn't want to cloud the issue here, I was going to make sure that I hadn't missed something obvious before I opened another call on one of the other lists but it wasn't until I re-read what was being asked that I realised that my tests on Mac OS X were invalid after all.

However the output is the same on the PDFs :)

But that said, this is just because I never bother with the CLI.
Could you getting it to work? Take a look at the website, Download ->
MacOS X.  Bottom left-hand box (well, more like "middle of the page,
left column").  If you follow those instructions exactly, then what
error message(s) do you get when you try to run lilypond?

I get no messages at all.

For example i type

'lilypond file1.ly file2.ly file3.ly'

In fact

'lilypond file.ly'

hit enter, wait a second, up pops the switch information as if you had just typed

'lilypond' with no arguments.

I also tried 'lilypond' with the explicit pdf switch and got nothing.

I didn't check the console (where there maybe more messages), but I will do that when I get home and I'll also look specifically at the cli documentation.

So unless it some 'you-must-use-full-paths' problem (I drag the app to the Applications Dir and then cd into my dir with my .ly files and type the commands above) I cannot think what else it could be. I was late for work so I didn't do much more on it.

lilypad works so well I never ever think about using CLI.

James

I use lilypond only in the terminal on OSX 10.4, and I have no problems with it. Did you follow the instructions exactly?