Re: Context mods stored in variable, can be inserted into \with or \cont

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Context mods stored in variable, can be inserted into \with or \context (issue475041)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 00:30:57 +0000

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 01:20:50AM +0100, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 14. März 2010 00:24:24 schrieb address@hidden:
> > You need to check your indentation in parser.yy, since you're adding
> > spaces instead of hard tabs.
>
> Yes, I searched quite a bit for "our" coding standards.

Oh dear, not again.  You know, just a few hours ago I was thinking
that it was time for the six-monthly pointless flamewar "the
developers don't care about the users and write bad documentation"
(and/or "you should make a wiki").

I guess we're headed for a "code standards" one instead.  See
here:

> The webpage says "Standard GNU coding style is used." (after
> that it referes to some "obscure" editor called emacs ;-), which
> I don't use, so that reference is of absolutely no use to me).

Fun fact: if we take the emacs standard, our code differs from
"the standard" by something like 600kb of diffs.  If we take
fixcc.py (in scripts/somewhere/ ) as the standard, then we still
differ by over 100kb of diffs.

> Anyway, where is the decision to use 2 spaces indentation with 8 spaces
> replaced by a tab documented?

It isn't.