Re: Enhancement request: Termination message for lilypond compilations

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Enhancement request: Termination message for lilypond compilations
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 06:31:42 +0100

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:14:50PM +0000, Ian Hulin wrote:
> Seriously though, the current situation for Lilypond is inconsistent. If
> you have a set of
>       doing this. . .
>       doing that. . .
>       doing the other. . .

I agree with this.  If LilyPond's successful output was more
terse, I'd agree with Han-Wen, but since we already spew out so
many things on the command-line, it makes sense to add a
"completed everything" or "5 pdf(s) created" or the same.

That said, I'd also like a -q option to lilypond, which would only
produce output for warnings or errors (i.e. no "calculating line
breaks / pages / creating ps / etc).  That way, everybody can get
what they want: unix-style "no news is good news", and
current-lilypond-style "keep the user informed".