Re: fixes and questions for make -C Documentation po-update

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: fixes and questions for make -C Documentation po-update
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:27:52 +0200

Op zaterdag 10-04-2010 om 17:33 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Francisco
Vila:

> This makes comments inside lilypond blocks to be magically translated.

Yes, and we need that extra magic why exactly?

I can imagine we want it for lsr snippets, but for .ly in the docs,
isn't it much easier for translators to just translate .ly inline?
It seems all translators do that anyway.  However, we still
get all those entries in the po files.

I suggest not to parse any .*texi *.*tely documentation
for po usage.

> In the case above it is (I vaguely recall that the translations of
> these comments relied on the Po mechanism), but in general only
> localised snippets marked with @c KEEP LY are changed inline; the rest
> are compiled with translated comments on the fly.

It seems translators don't use that and it still works.

Jan.

Freelance IT http://JoyOfSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl