Re: Patch for LaTeX lilypond-syntax change

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Patch for LaTeX lilypond-syntax change
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:14:05 +0200

>> > I don't know how to do this one.
>>
>> Simply put an entry in Documentation/changes.tely that describes the new
>> lilypond-book syntax.  There's a guide to those changes in the top of
>> Documentation/changes.tely.
>
> It just occurred to me that providing an upgrade path would be
> very nice.  Does anybody know sed?  I'm certain that it's possible
> to say "translate \begin[blah]{lilypond} into
> \begin{lilypond}[blah]", and providing such a one-liner in the
> Changes would absolutely spiffy.

<URL:http://codereview.appspot.com/813048> should address all comments
so far.

It seems somewhat underhanded to just silently change all the example
files and docs, and just mention in the changelog that the old syntax
remains supported.  But I don't see that talking more excessively about
the "old" syntax and its legacy support is helping anybody.

If I interpret lilypond-book.ly correctly, if you used the --filter
option on LaTeX source files, the filtered files would have placed the
options after the environment name, anyhow, rendering the result
unworkable previously.