Re: Why don't we get rid of \chordmode?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Why don't we get rid of \chordmode?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:36:20 +0100

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 03:11:13PM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> Speaking of which, I often wished we had a cool shortcut for writing
> repeats using a postfix syntax, e.g.
> { large music expression here };4
> instead of
> \repeat unfold 4 { large music expression }

That would already be handled by
 { ...} * 4
which is much more intuitive than ;4

> Yes I know: a) that's off-topic b) this will wait until GLISS starts.

Yes.  If you (anybody) want GLISS to start sooner, dealing with
information only in the regtests would be a good start, since it
consists of a whole bunch of individual items/files.  Very easy
for lots of people to work on it in parallel.

> -- As should this whole discussion IMO: may I take this as an
> opportunity to remind you guys that there's a whole new ML for stuff
> like that? http://lists.lilynet.net/syntax/

No.  If GLISS hasn't started yet, then there's no point sending
emails to that list.