Re: nasty header positioning issues

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: nasty header positioning issues
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 16:14:32 +0100

On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 04:05:06PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> >> Thanks.  However, this is only part of the problem.  What I would
> >> really like to do is to insert some vertical space.
> >
> > Look for "put-mm" in the archive.
>
> Nice, thanks!  Somehow I missed this completely inspite of reading
> virtually all emails concerning lilypond.  I wonder whether this
> should be added to the documentation...

Please, please, don't ever wonder about this.  If anybody finds
anything in the archives that might possibly be useful: add it to
LSR.  Don't stop to wonder.  Don't think.  Do not pass go.  Just
add it to LSR.

After that, you're free to think about the usefulness, and add a
"doc" tag to the snippet if you think it's worth including in the
docs.

If the answer to any lilypond usage question is "search the
archives for XYZ", then it means that somebody screwed up.  Either
they didn't add a link to the bug report, or they didn't properly
thank the community for helping them solve a problem by adding the
info to LSR, or something.

NB: I'm not blaming Kieren or Werner for "screwing up"; I don't
know how the initial discussion about put-mm went.  Besides,
adding stuff to LSR is a trivial task that just about any user
could do; for best use of resources, we should have half a dozen
people with no knowledge of git or scheme doing this, not the
clever people who write scheme functions to do stuff.  This is on
the "todo" list for GOP.