Re: lilypond-devel Digest, Vol 90, Issue 84

From: William Bajzek
Subject: Re: lilypond-devel Digest, Vol 90, Issue 84
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 13:54:56 -0700

On May 27, 2010, at 8:33 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> Did you ever try LilyBuntu?  IIRC, you were trying to get it set up on your
> Mac without success, and when Graham suggested you try LilyBuntu you were
> too disgusted with the time you'd spent trying to get it going on your Mac
> to try the LilyBuntu route.
>
> My experience has been that getting the build system going on GNU/Linux
> systems is, while not trivial, certainly much more reliable than on OS/X.
> On OS/X, we're kind of on our own.  And on Windows, it's even worse.
>
> But I thought that the LilyBuntu setup gave a Windows/Mac user a reasonable
> approach to setting up a development environment.

I tried LilyBuntu using "Q" as my virtual machine runner. It took about 12+
hours to build, and the documentation filed. I gave up at that point, too. I
would like to be able to contribute, as well, but I guess I will have to also
wait until things smooth out a bit.

- William Bajzek
please note my new email address: address@hidden