Re: state of the release: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: state of the release: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:30:40 +0100

David Kastrup wrote Wednesday, June 02, 2010 7:37 AM

I was talking about programming midi stuff.  That there is enough
material in the notation manual to get any output at all, and also to reassign midi instruments, I'll readily grant. But that's the minimum
required to actually get midi at all.

It is, for example, not possible to create your own dynamics commands
with an audible result: the documentation on creating dynamics,
including snippets, is silent on that if I am not mistaken.

Have you actually looked at section 3.5.5 Controlling MIDI Dynamics
in the Notation Reference?  What else would you like to see there?
Or maybe what it says there no longer works?  I haven't tried it
recently.

Trevor