Re: RehearsalMark and Barline placement at the beginning of a line

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: RehearsalMark and Barline placement at the beginning of a line
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 21:02:28 +0100

On 8 June 2010 17:24, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2010/6/7 Neil Puttock <address@hidden>:

>> \override Score.RehearsalMark #'X-offset = #shift-right-at-line-begin

Oops, I'd forgotten how this should be used; it doesn't return a
useful value (since it uses ly:grob-translate-axis! to perform the
shift), so should only be used with 'after-line-breaking.
Unfortunately, 'after-line-breaking is now spoken for, so you'll have
to override the default like this:

\override Score.RehearsalMark #'after-line-breaking =
#(lambda (grob)
    ;; apply shift
    (shift-right-at-line-begin grob)
    ;; call default callback
    (ly:side-position-interface::move-to-extremal-staff grob))

> Can't it be the default settings?
> I mean, why isn't it?  Are there some known drawbacks to this?

It used to be, but was removed many moons ago. :)

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commit;h=207c3df3b77d5ec25d7db3bbc6ba830d12ee9f85

> Or to make this space dependent on the Clef size?  Since clef changes
> are smaller then that would increase the space in this case?

This is probably the easiest way around the problem, since it would be
simple to create a separate grobs for clefs and clef changes so they
could have different space-alist defaults.

Cheers,
Neil