Re: the four Meisters of the lilypocalypse

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: the four Meisters of the lilypocalypse
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:44:44 +0100

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 11:02:05AM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > * Bug Meister: trains new helpers, organizes who does what, has
> >  the final say on our policy for Issues, and checks to make sure
> >  everything is working.
>
> I know I'm in very bad place to comment on this right now, but even
> when I was available and reliable enough as a Bug Meister I can hardly
> remember any choice I've made that you haven't been second-guessing

As I said earlier, this "Bug Meister" has completely different
responsibilities than the previous position of the same name.
- how many new Bug Squad members did you teach?
- how much of CG 7 Issues did you write?

> Don't get me wrong, I'm totally fine with it, I'm just implying that
> you're obviously the right person for this position, and to be true I
> can't imagine you not getting involved, no matter who's designated :)

I have had high-level policy discussions with Carl, Trevor,
Patrick, and others during GDP, and I've ended up (pretty-much)
blindly applying their patches because I was confident that they
would follow the plan that we'd agreed on.  If any of them wanted
to be Bug Meister, I'd have complete confidence in their ability
to run the "daily" tasks.  Sure, I might want to discuss the
overall policy with them from time to time -- but that's part of
the Meister's job.