Re: Presentation: "Publisher-grade LilyPond" in Ottawa

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Presentation: "Publisher-grade LilyPond" in Ottawa
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:22:25 +0200

Neil Puttock <address@hidden> writes:

> On 13 June 2010 07:02, Boris Shingarov <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> "Your post is absolutely unnecessary"
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg52334.html
>
> That comment wasn't directed at Jiříi; it was part of a reply to David
> Kastrup.

And while I am certainly not a reference for phrasing things in a nice
manner, _both_ other quotes have been pulled from postings of mine out
of context in a serious distortion of their original meaning.

So if of three examples you give, one is in reference to a posting of
mine (and I don't agree with the sentiment of it, but that's a different
issue), and two are of postings of mine, it would appear that all
Lilypond needs for becoming more developer-friendly would be to get rid
of me.

But if you actually look at the _original_ postings from which those
quotes from me were pulled, you'll notice that the quotes have been
rather carefully pruned in order to construct something unconstructive
that has not been there in the original posting.

If the worst Boris can come up with with regard to developer attitudes
are misconstrued postings of mine (heck, I'd think I can be enough of a
problem without reverting to such tactics) or replies to them, the
situation cannot be all that bad.

It's not like I am important.