Re: Redo autobeam settings to make resetting easier (issue1667041)

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Redo autobeam settings to make resetting easier (issue1667041)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:04:46 -0600

On 6/14/10 1:00 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 06:28:15PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
>> I had to run `make bin-clean' and recompile to get round this.
>
> Please tell me that "bin-clean" doesn't do anything that:
>         make doc-clean
>         make clean
>         make distclean
> doesn't do.

bin-clean should just clean up the binaries.

make distclean is everything, as I understand it.

make clean is everything but configuration files.

make bin-clean is binary files (i.e. it leaves the docs alone and the fonts
alone, I think).

make doc-clean is documentation + fonts, I think.

So I think that make clean is essentially the same as make bin-clean and
make doc-clean.

But I haven't checked this out with the sources, because I can't follow
them....

> (ok, time to edit the CG again...)

Hence the chapter on the build system that I proposed...

Thanks,

Carl