Implements woodwind diagrams in lilypond. Responds to previous (issue1

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Implements woodwind diagrams in lilypond. Responds to previous (issue1646041)
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:48:50 +0000

Reviewers: ,

Message:
Mike,

There are still some issues in code formatting in stencil.scm.

The general principle in Scheme indentation is that we like to get as
much
as possible on a line.  In particular,

* We never leave an opening parenthesis alone on a line
* We try to never leave a procedure name alone on a line
* We try to never separate the parameter list from the lambda keyword

So we don't end up with lots of two-space-indented blocks.  Rather, we
tend to end up with blocks indented by the length of a procedure name
plus a space.  It helps us to accurately grok the structure.

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/1646041/diff/2001/3011
File scm/stencil.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/1646041/diff/2001/3011#newcode212
scm/stencil.scm:212: (lambda
Spacing -- (lambda (adder) ....

http://codereview.appspot.com/1646041/diff/2001/3011#newcode215
scm/stencil.scm:215: (lambda
(lambda (quadrant) ...

http://codereview.appspot.com/1646041/diff/2001/3011#newcode333
scm/stencil.scm:333: (lambda
(lambda (op) ...

http://codereview.appspot.com/1646041/diff/2001/3011#newcode350
scm/stencil.scm:350: (map
Actually, better spacing would be
(map (lambda (x) ...
            (body of lambda)
          (list to be mapped)

In general, keep lines as full as you reasonably can.  Look for ways to
continue
them, rather than to split them.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1646041/diff/2001/3011#newcode357
scm/stencil.scm:357: (map
(map (lambda (x) ...

http://codereview.appspot.com/1646041/diff/2001/3011#newcode366
scm/stencil.scm:366: (reduce min 10000 (map caar x))
why 10000 and -10000?  These numbers seem arbitrary.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1646041/diff/2001/3011#newcode382
scm/stencil.scm:382: `(
Never put an opening parenthesis by itself on a line in scheme.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1646041/diff/2001/3012
File scm/woodwind-diagrams.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/1646041/diff/2001/3012#newcode2986
scm/woodwind-diagrams.scm:2986:
I thought you were going to split assembly from display?

Implements woodwind diagrams in lilypond.  Responds to previous
comments.

Please review this at http://codereview.appspot.com/1646041/show

Affected files:
  A input/regression/woodwind-diagrams-empty.ly
  A input/regression/woodwind-diagrams-key-lists.ly
  M ps/music-drawing-routines.ps
  A scm/bezier-tools.scm
  M scm/define-stencil-commands.scm
  M scm/flag-styles.scm