Re: [Request/Bounty] Accordion push and pull symbols

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: [Request/Bounty] Accordion push and pull symbols
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 08:23:47 -0600

On 7/9/10 8:07 AM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Still, I think that the inner point of the angle (left by one slanted
> line width compared with the pull symbol) of the push symbol is a
> reasonably looking reference point for visual alignment with the left of
> a given notehead.

OK, done.

I've attached two files.

The first, acctest3.pdf, shows the glyphs with the new settings.

The second, accordion-test.pdf, shows that more than this markup will be
required.  The code below was used to generate accordion-test.pdf:

pull = \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.accordion.pull"}

push = \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.accordion.push"}

\score {
  \relative c'' {
    \set fingeringOrientations = #'(up)
    <c-1 e-4>2 ^\pull
    <c-1 d-3>4 ^\push
    <b-1 d-3>4 ^\pull |
    c2-1 ^\push
    r4
    c ^\pull
  }
}

Note that the fingering numbers show up over the noteheads, while the sample
piece shows the fingering numbers in a stack over the right-hand notehead.

Also, the bellows indications are above the fingering numbers, rather than
to the side of them.

Anyway, I thought it was worth a try to see how much needs to be done for
the major bounty.

HTH,

Carl