Re: moving english doc to a separate subdirectory

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: moving english doc to a separate subdirectory
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:13:23 +0100

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 06:19:49PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> What do you think about moving
>
>   Documentation/en/contributor
>
> for orthogonality with the other languages?

I think it will take around 10 hours.  I also think that any
problems that develop as a result of an incomplete move would be
highly undesirable at the moment.

Wait until 2.15, but even then, I really doubt that it's worth it.

PS if somebody who knows more than me about the build system + gub
+ the translation scripts wants to give a different estimate, go
ahead -- but if you haven't done significant work on these things,
don't say "oh, it sounds simple; this should only be X minutes",
because you'll be full of mao.  Or rather, you might be correct
that such a simple change *should* be X minutes, but it *won't* be
a simple change.