Re: doc-addition: the full lilypond command line with options+redirectio

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: doc-addition: the full lilypond command line with options+redirections
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 07:28:27 +0100

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 03:05:38PM -0700, -Eluze wrote:

> The lilypond executable may be called as follows from the command line.
>
> lilypond [option]... file...[[1]>file.log] [2>file.txt]

1> and 2>  (and, for the matter, &> ) have nothing to do with
lilypond.  I will reluctantly agree to adding something like this
at the bottom of some section:

-----
@subsubsection Standard shell commands

If your shell (i.e. command window) supports normal redirects,
then you might find it useful to use:

lilypond file.ly 1>stdout.log 2>stderr.log &>all.log

// check which does which
1>  normal output
2>  errors
&>  all output

Consult documentation for your shell to see if it supports these
options, or if the syntax is different.  These commands have
nothing to do with lilypond.
-----