Re: Half-baked unused features.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Half-baked unused features.
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 15:22:38 +0100

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 3:15 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> That's a huge black mark against our development process.
>
> Not the process per se, but try doing this on Rietveld.  Those are lots
> of changes in small files.  For every single change, you need to tell
> the web interface to show you the file difference.  You look at it, it
> looks ok.  Now you need to navigate back to the list of changed files,
> remember which file you just looked at, select the next file in the
> list, navigate to its change overview.

*that's* your beef?!
  space, j, space, j...
that's how I'd approach that patch.  Rietveld uses javascript to
provide keyboard navigation; it uses the vi-style j/k to move between
files.

> And so on.  If you just work with the diff posted on the list, you can
> read and review the whole kaboodle in one session/bunch.

Main view of the issue, top of the list of files: download raw patch set.

This, annoying, is missing the commit message (although that's easy to
see in the main issue description), but the plain diff part is...
err... a plain diff.  :)
That's exactly as useful as a diff sent via email.  If you want to
pipe it through your own fancy diff display tool, go ahead.