Re: Possible fix for #372. (issue2228042)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Possible fix for #372. (issue2228042)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 08:29:24 +0000

As currently implemented, this patch fails when \partial is called in
the middle of a measure.  I'm not sure \partial *should* work when
called in the middle of a measure, but we have plenty of history on
-user where it is called in the middle of a measure.

This code:

\version "2.13.34"
{
  c''4 c''
  \partial 4
  c'' c'' c''
}

Makes a measure 5/4 long, rather than 3/4, which the old code would have
done.

I've put the code that duplicates the previous behavior in the comments
below.

P.S. How should one handle a code variant when doing reviews on
Rietveld?  Should we create a new issue?  Should we show alternate code
in comments?

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/2228042/diff/1/lily/partial-iterator.cc
File lily/partial-iterator.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/2228042/diff/1/lily/partial-iterator.cc#newcode42
lily/partial-iterator.cc:42: ctx->set_property ("measurePosition", (now
- length).smobbed_copy ());
This code fails when \partial is called in the middle of a measure.

I did the following to get it to work:

Moment now_grace = Moment (0, ctx->now_mom ().grace_part_);
ctx->set_property ("measurePosition", (now_grace - length).smobbed_copy
());

http://codereview.appspot.com/2228042/