Re: release plans

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: release plans
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:03:47 +0100

"Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote in message news:address@hidden
Here's an update on the release plans.  These are not cast in
stone; if you have a thoughtful objection or suggestion, I'm
willing to change things.

1) 2.13.34, "alpha test" has been released.
2) website has been switched over.  At first glance, I think I can
close issue 1244 now, but I want to double-check and wait for
feedback.
3) after 1244 is done, there's only one remaning Critical issue;

NB: I expect approximately 5 more regressions to be reported in
the next week.  Some of them might not be regressions in code that
worked deliberately.  Bug Squad (if you read -devel): add any
regression as a Critical issue; if a programmer points out that it
only worked by a fluke in the past and downgrades it to Medium,
that's totally fine.  That's how the system is supposed to work. :)

There's another report about page overflow on .bugs. This looks to me like a continuing problem with the page fitting algorithm. I'd not put it into the issues tracker because (a) I know there is work going on on the algorithm and (b) we have a bug report: http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1252 . However, it looks to me like 1252 is a clear regression from 2.12 and it's critical to fix before we go with 2.14. Unless anyone shouts, I'll change 1252 to critical regression.

--
Phil Holmes
Bug Squad