Re: Doc fixes for \applyOutput ... ok to push?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Doc fixes for \applyOutput ... ok to push?
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 19:04:38 +0200

Mark Polesky <address@hidden> writes:

> Graham Percival wrote:
>> Could either of you shove this into the doc-work chapter
>> of the Contributor's Guide?  Possibly making a new section
>> for "Doc policy rationale", or else just wherever the
>> @code{} bit is discussed.
>
> Okay to push?

Uh, I am missing the rationale.  Namely a sentence to the effect
"wrapping metavariable declarations additionally in @code{@@code} is
necessary so that they are formatted in all backends in a way
identically to the way they actually appear in longer code passages".
That was what you answered in your posting.  While a rationale is
strictly not necessary in a bunch of instructions, it will do wonders
for morale and acceptance.