Query about sentence in Notation Reference

From: James Lowe
Subject: Query about sentence in Notation Reference
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 15:00:37 -0400

Hello,

While scanning through NR 1.2.2 the last section I came across the line

> When a multi-measure rest immediately follows a @code{\partial}
> setting, resulting bar-check warnings may not be displayed.

I never like to see the words 'may not' without some kind of
qualification in documentation - especially for things that help verify
mistakes or problems, so I tried:

relative c' {
   \compressFullBarRests
   \partial 4 c
   R1*12
   a1 | a4 a a a a |
}

and I *do* get bar-check warnings.

So I did a bit more of a 'variation on the theme' and couldn't NOT get
bar check warnings to appear.

Does anyone therefore know when I wouldn't get bar-check warnings
displayed in this case?

I couldn't find an obvious tracker issue (I am assuming 'postponed'
issues are still considered 'open' in regard to the search options of
the tracker web pages), so wondered if this was incorrect or if not when
the case is (for an example perhaps and possibly an @knownissue).

Thanks

James