Re: Fix #888: Add ly:stencil-scale. (issue2275042)

From: markpolesky
Subject: Re: Fix #888: Add ly:stencil-scale. (issue2275042)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:21:42 +0000

On 2010/10/26 05:52:08, wl_gnu.org wrote:
Well, have a look at section A.17 (Scheme functions) and
see how function names and arguments are formatted.  Mark
is referring to code blocks which contain metasyntactical
variables.  However, for your function (which is
eventually appearing in A.17 too), this is not
appropriate.

Well... Okay, yeah, but see this:
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/contributor/syntax-survey.html#miscellany

I'm the one that wrote the @var description there.  And yes,
the rationale is simplistic: "This improves readability in
the PDF and HTML output."  But I think Neil's impulse to
format it that way matches the spirit of the rationale, no?
And I certainly wouldn't be opposed to instituting the same
policy for A.17, though of course that would be best left
for a different patch than this one.

Werner, if you have any objections to adding @code to all
the @var's in A.17, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks.