lilymidi and lilysong

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: lilymidi and lilysong
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 14:05:38 +0200

Greetings everybody,

Do we still want to ship the lilysong and lilymidi scripts? I'm not
sure if these still work, and there's hardly any documentation
whatsoever.

>From what I understand, both are Emacs-related: lilysong was part of
Milan's plan for festival voice-synthesis support; as for lilymidi,
it's even more unclear what it's for.
I'm not sure if either of these still works (nor how to make them
work, given the lack of documentation); we certainly don't want to
remove any code in case someone maintains them in the future, but for
now it might be a good idea to disable them in the makefiles:
otherwise we'll keep shipping stuff that doesn't work, and
distribution packagers will keep cluttering the users' /usr/bin
directory with unnecessary executable files.

I haven't opened a tracker page yet, but I will if you guys deem it appropriate.

Cheers,
Valentin.