Orpheus powered by LP

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Orpheus powered by LP
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:53:25 +0100

Unfortunately the server rejected my mail because I used the wrong adress: Nevertheless, here my yesterday's message:

Tonight in Dresden (Germany) a premiere will take place: Gluck's "Orpheus and Euydike" (Vienna version) will be performed in a staging made by the former Forsythe-dancer Thomas McManus. The dancers are students of the Palucca school for dance Dresden, the orchestra and soloists are students, too. (University of music Dresden) In addition to Gluck's music we will perform some arias and recitativos of Johann Christian Bach, who composed this pieces for his own performance of Gluck's opera. I trained the chorus for this
performance and managed the rehearsals for the soloists.
I'm telling that because I made the orchestral material for this additional Bach pieces with LilyPond and - as far as I can tell -
the orchestra likes it!

If you want further information, look at http://www.staatsschauspiel-dresden.de/spielplan/spielplan/orpheus_und_eurydike/

Cheers,
Michael