Re: Fix 1382 (issue3100041)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Fix 1382 (issue3100041)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 00:44:34 +0000

On 2010/11/14 14:32:48, Valentin Villenave wrote:
On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 3:17 PM,  <mailto:address@hidden>
wrote:
> I don't see how putting the names as variables helps anything.
&nbsp;The
> whole string will need to be translated for localization, rather
than
> doing it one word at a time.

What I meant is that if we ever decide to change the property names
again, then it might be more convenient if the old property names
weren't hardcoded in the string.

I don't think it's any easier at all.  If the property names were to
change, we'd do it with a search and replace, and it would get them in
the warning string every bit as easily as it would get them in a
separate string.

If there were a programmatic way to get the property name out of the
LilyPond structure, then I could see doing that.  But we know the names,
and use them to get the data out of the grob structure.

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/3100041/