Re: Simplification of live-elements-list, why not?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Simplification of live-elements-list, why not?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 22:37:37 -0200

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 5:07 AM, Boris Shingarov <address@hidden> wrote:
> where grob-array->list is a function which I just made.
>
> The reason I am asking, is because even after spending 10 minutes looking at
> the procedural-style code in the current live-elements-list, I am still not
> sure what the answer is to the question, "what does this function do?"  Does
> it just filter the elements according to grob::is-live??  Or does it do
> something more / less / different?  Quite seriously, it's just hard to be
> sure.

I had a brief look, and it looks like 4b7d9566 by Neil is to blame.

doing filter combined with ly:grob-array->list sounds like a good and
readable plan. If you do the filter destructively (so it generates
less garbage), it will be probably more efficient, since both
functions run in the C(++) space.