Re: questioning doc policy for @item

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: questioning doc policy for @item
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:13:01 -0800

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Mark Polesky <address@hidden> wrote:
> Trevor Daniels wrote:
>> ...I'd prefer a blank line before and after every @item
>> including the first one...
>
> +1
>
> But only because I'm too lazy to fix the paragraph
> formatting command in Vim (gqap), which turns this:
>
> @item
> line 1 here could join
> line 2 here
>
> into this:
>
> @item line 1 here could join line 2 here
>
> instead of this:
>
> @item
> line 1 here could join line 2 here

For this situation, I would arrow down to the second line and type `J'
to join the lines.

Or, if there is more than one line to join, and I have a specific
`textwidth' setting, I would do a linewise highlight (with `V j j j'
etc.) and type `gqap'.  If the paragraphs are very large, I would
search (in linewise visual mode) for the next @item or @end, and then
move up a couple of lines.

> Anyone already have a solution?  The closest I find is this:

Sure, it would be nice to have an automated solution like this for
Texinfo, but using the commands above are quick and work just fine for
me.

-Patrick