Re: GUB target_cpu error

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUB target_cpu error
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 10:03:04 +0000

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 10:58:42AM +0100, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 4:18 AM, Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Tail of target/linux-x86/log/lilypond-installer.log >>>>>>>>
> >      File "bin/../gub/commands.py", line 458, in execute
> >        header_length = len (script % locals ()) + 1
> >    KeyError: 'target_cpu'
>
> That would be my check-architecture patch. :-(
> Sh*t. Have you tried reverting it? I'm not sure why it won't work, I
> thought the target_cpu variable had been appropriately declared...

I'd rather not simply revert it, since it seems like a good
feature.  How are you declaring target_cpu ?  Did you succeed in
building GUB from scratch?  if you can build it from scratch and I
can't, then there must be something weird about one (or both) of
our computers.  Were you using a 64-bit OS on 64-bit hardware?
I'm running a 32-bit ubuntu on 64-bit hardware, which could
potentially be the problem.  IIRC Jan uses a 64-bit OS, so if you
used that too, it would explain why neither of you experienced
this problem.