Re: Move note names to scm (issue3247041)

From: v . villenave
Subject: Re: Move note names to scm (issue3247041)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:01:50 +0000

On 2010/11/25 15:19:17, Carl wrote:
I think the previous approach was better.  Saving a setting of the
current
language and then restoring it is exactly the desired functionality.
You wrote
exactly the right code previously; I think it should just be made more
accessible than it was.

Now that I think about it, I assume that the problem you were having
is that
music functions aren't evaluated during parsing, and that the changes
you need
have to be made during parsing.  So we need to have Scheme functions,
not music
functions.

So I think
#(save-and-change-language default-language)
and
#(restore-saved-language)
would handle the situation very nicely.

Hi Carl,

here's a new patch set that should do the trick. The only inconvenience
is that (restore-saved-language) needs a "parser" argument, but I don't
think it's that bad.

Oh look, the side-by-side diff view's working! (er, sort of.)

Cheers,
Valentin.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3247041/