Re: Documentation of Dynamics context and postfix dynamics changes (issu

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Documentation of Dynamics context and postfix dynamics changes (issue3732046)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:20:05 +0000

On 2010/12/20 06:44:18, Keith wrote:
Tell me if it is trivial to load patches from lily-git onto Reitveld.
The
Contributors Guide implies that the lily-git patches are intended for
emailing
to regular git-users.

It is not too hard, but not trivial, to load patches from lily-git onto
Rietveld.
See CG 2.3.4 Uploading patches for review.

You will need to download git-cl.  After creating a patch in lily-git,
you can upload it to Rietveld by issuing the command

git-cl upload HEAD^

In general, to do this effectively long-term requires more knowledge of
git than lily-git generally develops, so we don't ask new contributors
to do it.

My role as Frog Meister requires me to shepherd patches by new
contributors.  That's why I posted your patch on Rietveld for comments.

Once you've responded to the comments, send another patch and I'll
upload it.

BTW, because you have two different patches, it may be somewhat
difficult from here on out using lily-git.  lily-git really only works
well for one patch at a time.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3732046/