Re: [Patch:] Negative fret numbers cause a warning (issue 1035)

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: [Patch:] Negative fret numbers cause a warning (issue 1035)
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:15:59 +0100

Am 23.12.2010 12:38, schrieb Carl Sorensen:
[...]
I can see your point here.

I suspect that our major reason for disagreeing on this is that you are
mostly concerned about tablature, while I'm mostly concerned about fret
diagrams.
Probably. I must confess that I didn't use fret diagrams very often until now.
   Negative fret numbers aren't currently supported in fret
diagrams, and I don't think that they should be.
Yes, this would not make sense.
  The Capo III (1-5) would
be shown in the fret diagram by a capo indicator on the third fret, rather
than by an adjustment in all the fret numbers.

[...]
Well, if you really want negative fret numbers, then let's go ahead with
your patch.  I don't want them (in fretboards), but I'll have both a warning
and a broken fretboard if they're used, so it's no problem.

I'll push your patch.
Thanks!

Merry christmas,

Marc