Re: lilypond authors, release notes, announcements

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond authors, release notes, announcements
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 12:33:26 +0000

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 05/01/2011 alle 11.36 +0100, Alexander Kobel ha scritto:
>> I tend not to like those assembled logos very much.  Most of the time,
>> they end up too clumsy IMHO; more like something quickly hacked
>> together, just for the sake of quoting musical symbols.
>
> You mean something like this? (my 5 minute try, really horrible)

That looks quite "busy" to my taste.  My latest 5-minute hack is
something like this:

\markup {
  \column {
  \line {
  \italic \concat {
  \concat {
   \huge \bold \lower #.5 L
   \large ily
  }
  \concat {
    \large { \dynamic p }
    \large ond
  }
  }}}
  \line {
     \fontsize #5
       \rotate #270
       \translate-scaled #'(-4.2 . 2)
       \line
       { \musicglyph #"flags.u7" }
  }
}

hmm... now that I look at it again, the flag.u7 is really questionable.