Re: Can't compile docs

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Can't compile docs
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 07:19:09 +0000

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 05:30:09PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> pdfTeX warning (dest): name{Invoking abc2ly} has been referenced but does not
> xist, replaced by a fixed one
>
> pdfTeX warning (dest): name{Invoking musicxml2ly} has been
> referenced but does not exist, replaced by a fixed one

These don't look great, but I think they're normal problems.

> cp -p web.texi out-www/web.texi
> cp: cannot stat `web.texi': No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [out-www/web.texi] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/lilypond-git/build/Documentation/de'

This is the actual problem, and the de/ part (German) is
absolutely vital, but I don't know how it's happening.

If you run:
  git status
do you see something like this?
# On branch master
# Changed but not updated:
#   (use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
#   directory)
#
#       deleted:    Documentation/de/web.texi
#

if so, the build problem is understandable, and you can fix it by
running:
  git reset --hard origin

Do you have a
  Documentation/de/web.texi
?  (if not, git should notice this, but evidently something really
strange is happening, so if you don't see a problem in git status,
please check manually)

NB: you should have *both* a
  Documentation/de/web/         directory (or folder), and
  Documentation/de/web.texi     file