Re: german website problems

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: german website problems
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 12:31:47 +0100

2011/1/6 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> None of these warnings happen in the other languages, so I think
> they're all problems in the german source, rather than in our build
> system.
>

> make website
> Initializing settings for web site: [de]
> ** closing warning (1 braces missing) (l. 319)
> *** Undefined node `Development' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation//web/news-front.itexi l. 29 in @qq)
> *** Undefined node `Development' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation//web/news-front.itexi l. 46 in @qq)
> *** Undefined node `Development' in @ref (l. 165)
> *** Undefined node `Development' in @ref (l. 167)
> *** Undefined node `Entwicklung' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/download.itexi l. 68)
> *** Undefined node `Entwicklung' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/manuals.itexi l. 126 in
> @divClass)
> *** Undefined node `Entwicklung' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 25)
> *** Undefined node `Autoren' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 28)
> *** Undefined node `Veröffentlichungen' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 40 in
> @divClass)
> *** Undefined node `Ältere Neuigkeiten' in @ref (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 44)
> *** Unknown node in menu entry `Entwicklung' (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 62)
> *** Unknown node in menu entry `Autoren' (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 63)
> *** Unknown node in menu entry `Veröffentlichungen' (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 64)
> *** Unknown node in menu entry `Ältere Neuigkeiten' (in
> /main/src/lilypond/Documentation/de/web/community.itexi l. 65)
> WARNING: Unable to load the map file
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Entwicklung' in book .
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Entwicklung' in book .

They look like translated refs that do not match node names in other,
or the other files are not translated.  In this case, the translator
should choose one from

  - translate the target node names
  - keep refs untranslated
  - use '-named' macros to make texts appear in your language.
Currently used to link to untranslated manuals.

The problem here is that is difficult to translate only a few chapters
while keeping all refs working.  It could take you more work to track
all broken links than translate all the implied files.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com