Re: Potential fix for issue 37

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: Potential fix for issue 37
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 20:56:29 -0500

Forgot the test I ran...

PNG image

On Jan 7, 2011, at 6:11 PM, Jan Warchoł wrote:

2011/1/7 <address@hidden>
I'm not exactly sure what the desired output would be for issue 37, but my code assumes that if there are collision problems, flat beams look best.

Lemme know what you think!

Judging by my very own personal taste i'd say that when notes are not on the same staffline it would look better if the beams were slanted; i'd also prefer slightly smaller vertical gap between upper beams and noteheads (now it's something like 1 staff space, i'd go for 0.5 staff space). And it would be great if beams covered stafflines like in regular situations.
But this is my personal opinion and of course the new output is far better than the old one, so keep up the good work!

cheers,
Janek