Re: release candidate out - plans

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: release candidate out - plans
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:03:31 +0000

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 03:53:02PM +0100, Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2011/1/12 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > TRANSLATORS
> >
> > Do whatever you want to stable/2.14 as long as you only touch
> > stuff in Documentation/??/ and it still compiles.
>
> We work on lilypond/translation; do we merge this branch onto master
> or stable/2.14?

If you want to see recent work in 2.14.0, then merge it onto
stable/2.14.

NOTE: if you _do_ decide to merge stuff with stable/2.14, then
make sure that you ONLY merge stuff in Documentation/??/.  This
probably means that "git merge" is not suitable.  Or maybe you
should merge current master with stable/2.14, and thereafter *do
not* merge master with stable/2.14.  I think that if you do this,
then you can safely merge lilypond/translation onto stable/2.14
without altering anything that isn't in Documentation/??/

I would not mind at all if you said "well, there's still some
problems, but nothing absolutely critical, so let's just ignore
2.14.0 (and stable/2.14) and merge stuff into master like normal,
and have it in the 2.14.1 release which should happen a few days
after 2.14.0".  That's what will happen to all code and doc
improvements for the next two weeks, after all.