Re: biweekly Critical issues plea

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: biweekly Critical issues plea
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:23:09 -0700

On 1/19/11 2:51 PM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham et all,
>
> I have read all of the postings and am up to date - I meant "what next" as a
> general question to the community in the sense of "would anyone who was
> actually involved in the pushing of this commit (Joe - I see your name
> associated with it - how much work did you do on it?) like to give me some
> guidance as to where to go so that I can find that which ultimately causes
> this regression?"  In terms of man hours, I think that a little time invested
> by the people who were involved in producing the commit would be more
> efficient than my learning how lilypond functioned back when this was pushed.
> That said, if the response is "I have no clue," then I will get to figuring it
> out.

I think the best "what next" response is for you to summarize the discussion
you have found on -bug, -devel, -user, and the issues comments to see what
you think the current proposed resolution is, if anything.

There's been enough different discussion going on about this that I'm not
clear what has been said or proposed (that's why I asked about 1474).  We
may have a solution already at hand, but I'm not up on it.

The "shepherd" job is not to solve the bug, it's to make sure the developer
community is on the same page about the bug.

Thanks,

Carl