Re: Fixing issue 37 with extra position callback (issue3928041)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Fixing issue 37 with extra position callback (issue3928041)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 03:05:43 -0200

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 2:46 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I hope that my clearer code will assuage your fears that this affects
>> anything other than certain limited scenarios - in the regtests, it
>
> that is not so much my fear.  I am concerned with putting in code that
> we know is flawed in advance, when we have a much better mechanism to
> deal with this (see below).

Actually, there are some serious show-stoppers in this approach. See
the attached file. It appears your code kicks into action even if
there are no collisions.  We should probably double check if the
regression test detects beam changes accurately.  If not, we have a
serious hole in our coverage.

(I was going to look for more subtle failure cases, but this error
prevents me from demonstrating them.)

\new Staff \relative c' {
<<
     \new Voice