Re: Fixing issue 37 with extra position callback (issue3928041)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Fixing issue 37 with extra position callback (issue3928041)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:28:04 -0200

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> Let me whip up a prototype for you to see how it works.

See attached (it applies on top of issue3928041_55001.diff)

It is imperfect in several ways,

- see TODOs in the code.
- 4th beat 1st line: should go below
- 5th beat 1st line: should be closer to collision
- 4th beat 2nd line: any position will better

it needs some tuning in how all the penalties work together (try the
#'debug-scoring property, together with #'inspect-quants),
but I hope you will agree the code is cleaner and handles more cases.