Files to edit to add a new language

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Files to edit to add a new language
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 12:53:09 +0100

Hello,

I have successfully added a Chinese webpage from the files that Ben
Luo sent.  What the CG says about adding a new language, is not by far
all that is needed to do.  One or more of the following are only
necessary to add manuals, not webpages, in the new language, but I
found them anyway and I'm telling here for the sake of perfectioning
our CG.

I had to:

  - in Documentation/lily_index_search.php, add a new key for
$languages = array (
  - in Documentation/lilypond-texi2html.init,
    * add and translate a block  "$LY_LANGUAGES->{'zh'} = {..."
    * add and translate a block "$LANGUAGES->{'zh'} = {..."
  - in make/website.make, add the language to WEB_LANGS =
  - in python/langdefs.py, in addition to the LanguageDef definition,
the language has to be added to the list "LANGUAGES = (..."
  - in scripts/build/create-weblinks-itexi.py,
    * add the language to "langs = [ ... "
    * add the language to "for i in de es fr hu it ja nl; do"
    * add and translate a block to "translations = { 'zh': {...}"
  - in scripts/build/website_post.py, add and translate a block to
"translations = { 'zh': {...}"

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com