Re: fine-tuning new flags - feedback needed

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: fine-tuning new flags - feedback needed
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 17:05:37 -0700

On 2/6/11 4:44 PM, "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2011/2/6 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:
>>
>>> What shall i do now? I can copy modified files, delete whole
>>> lilypond-git directory, download source again and make changes again,
>>> but is there some better way?
>>> Why is it not working? Is it because i didn't do it before making
>>> changes in source files?
>>
>> Yes.  That's exactly the problem.  You solve it just by making a commit,
>> then do the Update Source.
>>
>> Because stem.cc and define-grobs.cc have uncommitted changes, if you
>> overwrite them you will lose the changes.  So it won't update unless you
>> commit first (or you can deliberately thrown them away with the Abort
>> Changes -- Reset to Origin button).
>
> Ok. Thanks for explanation, i'll remember it.
> As for now, i've already reset my git repository (that is i clicked
> "Abort changes - reset to origin" in lily-git) and made the changes
> again. So now i call
>
>   git status (everything looks fine, 3 files i've changed are listed)
>   git diff HEAD (i see something resembling patch file)
>   git commit -a (it asked me for message - i'm not sure if it's needed
> since it will be an update of existing commit, but i wrote something
> there and answered yes to questions that shown up...)

There's no such thing as "an update of an existing commit".  Every time you
do git commit, it's a new commit, even though it's an existing patch set.

If you want to make it part of the previous commit, you can do so with
git commit -a --amend

But I don't recommend doing that.

>   git pull -r (it said that "Current branch master is up to date.")
>   git cl issue 4134041 (that's number of my first patch sent to Rietveld)
>   git cl upload origin/master (and wrote some description)
>
> and i see the changes now in http://codereview.appspot.com/4134041,
> but i don't see any notification e-mail send to-devel...
> Is everything right?

Yes, everything is right.  Notification emails are never sent to -devel when
a new patch set is uploaded.  Just click on "Publish and mail comments" with
a comment that says "New patch set uploaded".

HTH,

Carl