Re: fine-tuning new flags - feedback needed

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: fine-tuning new flags - feedback needed
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 22:02:37 +0000

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 03:54:17PM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 2/6/11 7:10 AM, "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Now i see that there is a warning about vim, only it's somewhere else
> > (CG 3.3.4 "commit messages"), not in "uploading patch for review".
> > Sorry for whining.
>
> No problem.  You've identified another place where we should have something
> in the docs.  Were it not for the fact that I use vim regularly, I would
> have had no clue the first time I did git-cl upload.

Good point.  Long-term, it would be nice to set VISUAL="gedit" or
something like that in lilydev.  Failing that, we should have
something in the docs, either setting this up manually, or (ick)
explaining how to use vim.

(wait -- doesn't ubuntu use nano for $VISUAL by default?)

Does anybody want to investigate this and make whatever patch for
the CG that's requierd?