Re: guile 2.0.0 out

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: guile 2.0.0 out
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:03:21 -0800

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 07:08:29PM -0800, Patrick McCarty wrote:
>
>>  I have a patch queue with
>> (potential) fixes for LilyPond so that we can support both Guile 1.8
>> and 2.0.
>
> Great!  Comment 5 of
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1247
> is no longer valid?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Jan's recent commit in master (05514c83a49dd)
removed the rest of the currying functions that Ian and I were
puzzling over.  The reason I'm only "pretty sure" is because I will be
doing further tests tonight to see if that's really true.

I'll comment on Ian's patch after I test-compile 2.0 without it.

> I wasn't trying to force us to drop guile 1.8; I was just making
> sure that we agreed that guile 2.0 wasn't going into 2.14, and
> fishing for comments like "we can support both Guile 1.8 and 2.0."
> :)

I agree with you there.  I intend to continue working on
backward-compatibility patches for 2.14 that will work on both Guile
1.8 and 2.0, but the Guile-2.0-specific patches (if needed) will have
to wait for 2.15.

I only slightly misunderstood your email after all...  ;)

Thanks,
Patrick