Footnotes in lilypond patch

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Footnotes in lilypond patch
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 18:31:09 -0500

Hey all,

I've sketched out the following code for footnotes in Lilypond (thank you very
much Joe for your suggestions!).

If people could please apply the attached patch, run the attached ly file just
to make sure it works, and then play around with it, your suggestions would be
appreciated.  I'm using this for a gig that I have in a couple weeks, so it's
now up to the level where it does not break my score.  I'll likely have time to
polish this next weekend.  For now, I have not really put in much
thought/effort into how to make this user-friendly: I just am shooting for
something that kinda sorta maybe works.

Note that it only works w/ the optimized page breaker - it'll need 20ish more
lines of code to work for other page breakers.

Cheers,
Mike