Use Doc PO files for something (Was Fwd: [translations] Translation of "

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Use Doc PO files for something (Was Fwd: [translations] Translation of "top" and broken link)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:09:57 +0100

I'd like a bug to be open about this, if possible.  Translated docs
used to make all comments, context IDs and variable names in lilypond
code to become translated from strings in
Documentation/po/<language>.po files. This does not work anymore and
we are not able to determine when did stop working.  Translate strings
in a PO file is much more efficient than trying to keep texinfo files
in sync, so we think Documentation PO files should serve for a purpose
as they used to as told above.

This is important because the documentation relies much on inline code
comments and you can obtain a truly localized look and feel if this
worked.  Current 2.12 docs are fine wrt this.